English Language - Solution
1. Won’t you have some more salad?
2. There are many more sheep on this farm.
3. Have what you like. There are plenty more where these come from.
4. She’s running for Parliament in the next election.
5. A number of shoppers have complained about the price increases.
6. There’s no need to explain how it works.
7. I hate it that you can swim so well and I can’t.
8. Are there any eggs in the fridge? – Yes, there are a dozen.
9. We went back to Bucharest to see the house where we used to live in the 1980’s.
10. He has lived next door for years, yet we hardly ever see him.
11. I’ve given myself up to finish the book by the end of September.
12. He threw the ball to her, but she missed it.
13. Rudy always drives at 100 miles an hour.
14. I’ll look after the children while you are making the dinner.
15. We should use the little time we have available to talk to her.
16. Who did you say that was coming to see me this morning?
17. As we missed the last bus, there was no alternative but to take a taxi.
18. He warned the children to stay away.
19. Although he was young, he became regarded as a leader.
20. There was an interesting review of the film in the paper this morning.
21. She looks down on us because she went to an expensive school.
22. I regret to tell you that the meeting has been canceled.
23. Barely had he walked into the house when the telephone rang.
24. Generally, a cake is made from eggs, milk and flour.
25. I’d advise you taking more exercise.
26. It was the most educational experience I’ve ever had.
27. I wanted to meet you since I read your first book.
28. The sun will rise at 5.20 tomorrow.
29. In most countries, people don’t need to boil water before they drink it.
30. They could not decide whether or not it was worth going to that show.
31. Sorry we’re late; we took the wrong turning.
32. She noticed him run away from the house.
33. I caught a glimpse of the car before it disappeared around the bend.
34. He’s sometimes bad-tempered but he’s a good fellow at heart.
35. Would you please refrain from smoking while the lecture is in progress?
36. When they heard I was going to move to Cluj, they looked surprised.
37. I remembered him borrowing the book.
38. ‘I’ve got a place at the university.’ – ‘So have I.’
39. Did you go in for the examination last year?
40. There are a number of people who should be asked.
41. I’ll do that for you, if you like.
42. She’s such an irritating woman. I don’t know how you can put up with her.
43. If Tom calls while I’m out, tell him I’ll be back directly.
44. As the sleeping pills had no effect, I tried thinking about waves breaking on the shore.
45. These shelves have been especially designed to fit into this space.
b. I have rephrased each sentence, beginning as shown, so that the meaning stood the same:
1. But for owning her a favor, I agreed to help her.
2. He was too pressured by being in the public eye, and that has proven too much for him.
3. Scarcely had he bought the car, which it broke down.
4. I am fed up with all this violence on TV.
5. Don’t start solving the problems without doing the theory first.
6. I’ve yet to see such an extraordinary goal.
7. You won’t get to like your new job, but after a few weeks.
8. He has been reported of having being seen in London.
9. New computer systems began to be invested in heavily by local authorities at the beginning of the 1990’s.
10. Jack wouldn’t of left his job unless he had a good reason.
11. They sent us the wrong information, so it appears.
12. We were suggested to try a new method of checking our current expenses.
13. The glass has cracked when I dropped it.
14. Her sudden appearance has surprised me.
15. I wish I could see him again, which would be great.
16. If he would of listen to her advice, he would work here now.
17. She has vague memories of being knocked down by a motorbike.
18. When I started, the papers were organized in front of me.
19. I really regret that I have been pushed into giving a speech.
20. Come to marry him I will, no matter what happens.
21. She wishes she would of gone to bed early last night.
22. If it hadn’t been for her map of the town, Helen would have got lost.
23. By the time I realized what was happening, the man left with my money.
24. Neither the President, nor his representatives are to attend the meeting.
25. Provided we won’t run into heavy traffic, we’ll be there at seven.
26. Had she assumed he was married, she wouldn’t have agreed to go out to dinner with him.
Iti recomandam ca referatele pe care le downloadezi de pe site sa le utilizezi doar ca sursa de inspiratie sau ca resurse educationale pentru conceperea unui referat nou, propriu si original.
Referat.ro te invata cum sa faci o lucrare de nota 10!