The company purchases so that every month it possesses the necessary inventory for the next 2 month (as a safety concern). Required: determine the purchases for the next 3 month and the payments dues for these purchases.
2. (Budget objectives; customer analysis and profitability) You are in charge of the sales department of the Shelton Co., and the following objectives must be met the next year:
- 90% of the sales must be collected;
- gross margin must equal 23% of sales.
For meeting these objectives, the department has 10,000 finished goods available for sale; unit manufacturing cost is $70,000.
The department's customers can either be:
- large customers: selling conditions: unitary selling price $95.000; trade discount 5% of the SP, credit sales term is n/60 EOM;
- medium-sized customers: selling conditions: unit selling price $95.000; trade discount 1% of the SP, credit sales term is n/30 EOM;
- small customers: selling conditions: unit selling price $100.000 m.u.; supplementary unit packing cost $10,000; sales are collected 100% in cash.
Requested (1) verify if the department's objectives are to be met if selling entirely to only one type of customers. Requested (2) the department can only sell 5,000 units of finished goods to medium customers. Verify if the department's objectives are to be met if selling the rest of the products to either large or small customers.
Requested (3) if the department could only sell 5,000 units to medium-sized customers, establish the units of finished goods to be sold to large customers and the units of finished goods to be sold to small customer in order to meet the department's budgeting objectives.
Iti recomandam ca referatele pe care le downloadezi de pe site sa le utilizezi doar ca sursa de inspiratie sau ca resurse educationale pentru conceperea unui referat nou, propriu si original.
Referat.ro te invata cum sa faci o lucrare de nota 10!